Monday, April 27, 2009

The Mind of a Champion

This past weekend I had the opportunity to hear from an adult stroke survivor. Every bit of him reminded me of Braylon.... except the age difference. He and his family spoke of the stroke and the recovery since at a Primerica fast start school. In their words they thanked God for his survival ( he had a 50/50 chance) and for the blessing they were able to achieve thru Primerica that made the monetary side of a stroke so much easier. I believe his stroke occured in October or November, but already he was speaking in front of a crowd of a few hundred and walking up steps... it gave me much hope for Braylon.

Just the other day B's p/t was discussing with us some obstacles that he will face in the upcoming years: walking up stairs, going to the bathroom, getting dressed. Most of the problems we talked about would be caused by the lack of use in his left arm. Now I completely understand her realistic view of Braylon's disability, but for me and my family we believe in God's healing. Everything we say to or about B is about God's healing. When Braylon sleeps longer than normal our response is, "God must really be healing his body right now." When Braylon is on my lap drinking a bottle I sing Joel Osteen's "Your an overcomer, more than a conqueror...." The Bible says power is in the tongue, so we plan on using that to our advantage. I once read in a book of a man who's son was born deaf. Everyday he would put his lips to the back of his son's head and tell him how strong he is, how much of a champion he is. That son grew up to be a successful inventor and business owner and that didn't happen because he focused on his disability!

Although we are not yet wealthy because of Primerica.... notice I said YET, we have definitely grown in spirit. We have learned to always look for the positive, and work hard for what we want. I am very thankful for a company that has changed my point of view of all situations and the encouragement we get from the people we work with. My family has been put into a position where not only can we talk Braylon into being a champion and a overcomer, but we all feel the same about ourselves. We are champions! How can we not be when our God lives inside us???

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    It has been a pleasure reading the blog. Your words are powerful and not only is it speacial that you do this for your son but it is inspiring for others also. Braylon's story reminds everyone of their personal life's struggle. It also shows us not to take little things for granted and stop complaining about minor stuff. God will take care of all of us and B will be just fine according to his will. We love you all and if you ever need anything let us know.

    The Owohs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! this is a great way for checkin on Bray. Can't wait to snuggle him on sunday evening. I am so glad that yall have found this chiropracter, blessings are everywhere and I'm so glad that Brays are bountiful. Take care and I'll catchya sunday. Cindy

    ReplyDelete