Monday, April 20, 2009

The unnoticables...

This past weekend was a busy one! First we went to Sea World, then Braylon was dedicated to the Lord at church and finally we had his 1st birthday party. Fun followed us everywhere we went, but so did appreciation. Family and friends surrounded us with love and joy... I'll take that any time. My favorite part was being able to see my children happy and enjoying God's many gifts. I also enjoy bragging on my kids... who doesn't?

With my older boys, Torian and DeShon, my bragging is more about how well they're doing in school or how they made me laugh, but with Braylon, it's a little different. I tend to brag on what others would never even notice. For example, on the way to Sea World B got tired of waiting on Torian to hold his bottle, so he thought he'd try it himself. To all of our surprise, Braylon held his bottle for the first time. We all started cheering for him and praising God at the same time. It may not seem like much to hold a bottle, but it is a huge step to his independence and time added to my day. Think about it... he is one and every time he wanted a bottle (every 2 hours) I had to stop what I was doing to feed him. Not that I minded, but I appreciate the fact that now he can do it on his own.

Stiffness in Braylon's left arm and hand is what made us know something was different with him. Now that stiffness is starting to leave him. Braylon was sleeping when his birthday party first began. After awhile, I decided to wake him up so we can sing "Happy Birthday". A couple of friends and I were discussing B and his healing. Wanting to brag on B, I showed them how now we can lift his left arm straight above his head. Again the unnoticables... they were impressed and I couldn't stop thanking God for that flexibility. Weeks ago it would be very difficult to put a shirt or coat on B. His left arm would have to go on first because it would BARELY move. I don't even remember thinking about Torian and Shon's felxibility, except for "How do they stick their foot in their mouth?" LOL! New lesson learned... Thank God for the unnoticables!

3 comments:

  1. Miss you all already. I had a wonderful time and God has shown me B's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no clue that you all were going through such a time like this and you all are in my prayers! You go B...keep up the good work! God is awesome! Jessica W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love You Deon!!! I really needed encouragement about the unnoticables today! So thrilled about all that God is doing in Braylon and in your whole family.

    Love of Love!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete