Monday, May 11, 2009

Earlier today I loaded an app so I can send messages to my blog. I didn't think I'd ever use it. But I was thinking of B and how good he's doing. Then I remember a comment made to me once.
One day I was speaking with someone about an experience she had with a student who once had a stroke. She said the students only problem was writing. I know her intentions were good and supportive and they were, but I see what she doesn't.
That student may be my son one day, sitting in a room full of teachers and nurses and me. A teacher or nurse may say "His only problem is he needs help holding a pencil". But I will know that he learned how to be a champion, an overcomer with only half of the brain we have! Matter of fact he's done so well that you think his only problem his holding a pen!

No comments:

Post a Comment