Monday, May 11, 2009

CRAWLING!!!

Crawling, my baby is crawling!! I can't even begin to explain how it feels to see B take his first few steps to crawl, but I can tell you that I started cheering so loud for him that he stopped crawling to "clap" for himself. Most babies begin to crawl around 6-7 months... well for B it is 13 months. Not that he's worried about being a late bloomer! His independence is something my husband and I always pray for. B watches his brothers run to hide when daddy comes home and I can see it in his eyes that he wants to do the same thing. Well he's getting closer.
A couple months ago I wasn't sure if B would ever crawl.... I thought he'd go straight from rolling everywhere to walking. I think his p/t was worried that would happen too. Why worried??? Because developmentally he needs to learn to balance first on all fours so when he does walk he doesn't fall so much. It's funny to see all of us gather around him and cheer him on, if only we treated all the people we know the same. He can't help but want to do more and try more.
When we first met with the neurologist he mentioned that B's progress would be determined by how "bad he wants it". I promise he wants it B-A-D! This boy doesn't stop. I wish I had his determination.... let me rephrase that. I know I have his determination b/c God is no respecter of man, meaning we are all created to achieve great things. My goal, instead of wish, is to use what I have and not worry about failing or getting hurt. When I grow up I want to be just like my little B!

No comments:

Post a Comment