Thursday, August 27, 2009

Emotions (first posted Augus 13)

Ahhh! Another Thursday afternoon. Braylon's therapies are done for the week, the house is almost cleaned (bathrooms tomorrow). Whoops, as I'm writing, I realized we do have to go to the chiro tomorrow. The life!! Honestly, I've never had so many things to remember each week...thank God for technology that chirps to remind me. Sometimes we get caught up in complaining about difficult or different situations (I hope I don't sound like that), but those situations are what I'm so thankful for.
Braylon's schedule has really picked up. We both have been working so hard... Braylon way more than me. B still cries thru every o/t appointment, but I see a huge improvement. I thank God for keeping us busy and pushing us further than we ever thought we could go, even if we are kicking and screaming. Usually the most uncomfortable of things bring us the biggest enjoyment (i.e. child birth for women. lol). It has to rain for the spring flowers to bloom!!!
Speaking of rain, last night tears rained down my face. Being on the sidelines of your favorite team brings many mixed emotions and that's how I've been feeling. All types, from ecstatic to sympathetic and yes, even anger. What has really been on me lately is sadness for my baby. I am praising God everyday because B really is improving, but with that comes obstacles. Braylon sometimes falls onto his left side and when he does, he gets stuck. It's very sad to see, but what's worse is the moment right after. The moment when I have to stand back and encourage him to try to move on his own. When he's staring at me, begging me to save him. Thank God it's just a moment because that's all I can take. Eventually I help him up, but I still must five him the opportunity to do it himself. Soon I expect my tears will again be of joy. If I know Braylon, he's going to learn to get out of that situation too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment