Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NO WALKING!!


By now those of you who know me have heard me say, "Braylon is crawling!" Although crawling is a natural progression for babies, there was a time when we didn't think B would crawl...we thought he'd just walk first. Not until now did I realize the importance of him crawling. Yes, I know it is necessary for him to learn his balance and all but I had NO idea crawling helped with brain development.

Today at Dr. Erb's, the chiropractor, Dr. Kim was playing with B and thrilled with his improvements. She couldn't believe how fast he is getting around. After adjusting our family, Dr. Kim expressed how important it is for us to keep Braylon crawling... "No walking!" she reiterated. I wondered why it is so important that he doesn't walk. Well little did I know that crawling builds and strengthens the low-level brain areas, which is the foundation of the brain. And we all know it is very important to have a strong foundation... He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. ~ Luke 6:48.

Outside of Braylon's stroke issues, he was also diagnosed with Strabismus.. a wandering eye. We took him to an optometrist months ago and she gave us patches to use over his "strong eye" and told us he would probably need surgery. Aaahhh! What else Lord? But like I said that was months ago and I only used the patches once because I hated pulling the patch off B's eye. We have been seeing Dr. Erb for a few months now and Braylon's eye no longer wanders. I am so thankful that through chiropractic adjustments strabismus is not an issue. Today I also discovered that Braylon crawling all over the place is helping with his eye movement as well. Funny when you open your mind to alternative healings, you realize how powerful God is. Without surgery, medicine or any other "normal" methods Braylon is getting better because of God's healing power within Braylon!

This may be a little off the subject, but I need to write it down anyways. We all have dreams that God put within us. We may look around and see other people having success at OUR dream and wonder why not me. The same principal applies here.... we must crawl first. My dreams are not on hold, but they haven't come fully into fruition. I may still be crawling, building my strong foundation. I accept that, because one of these days I'm going to walk and when I do my foundation will be built strong upon the Lord. Although crawling can seem like a slow process, shortly after you learn to walk you run. So take this message and remember "No walking!" God will let you know when it's time to run!!
Check out this article on why crawling is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment