Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Images....



"Nothing even looks wrong with him." I hear those words all of the time from people I meet and share Braylon's story with. What they don't understand is, B may have a disability, but in no way something wrong. The Bible says, "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." How can anyone have anything "wrong" with them when we are all made perfect in the image of God.
Looking at Braylon, there are some definant issues he is overcoming, but God's light is always shining through him. I see miracles and blessings everyday in my baby. It is truly a blessing to be chosen my God to have a child who had a stroke. When I go to the store, the chiropractor, a football game or anywhere, I find the closest person to me and tell them about Braylon. I tell them he had a stroke, suffered severe brain damage, lost vision and was partially paralyzed. Not because I want pity or attention, but so I can hear those words.... "Oh my God!" Yes, my God is here with us everyday. We get to see him in our lives and have a constant reminder of how good he is. I brag to strangers how good God is and the work he is doing in Braylon (and my whole family). Most people don't have a story to tell that gives praise to God in front of friend and foe alike.
Made in the image of God.... all of us are. Let's take a look in the mirror and see our image. Find God in us; our beauty, courage, triumphs and persistence. There is absolutely nothing wrong with us! God makes no mistakes. Take your disabilities, your failures and use them to sing praises to the LORD GOD our FATHER! I promise you will feel much better about the "cards you were dealt" and the obstacles in your way.
photos above were taken for The Littlest Heroes Project by Alison at Starglo Photography.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deon! I wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog for a while now and decided that I should introduce myself! I dont remember how I came across your blog, well, I do know...it was God!!

    See, my husband and I welcomed our first little boy on August 4th of 2008. It was a perfect pregnancy but Gavin was born not breathing. He suffered oxygen deprivation at birth and was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at 7 months old. It has been a very long journey like yours, and I am hoping that we can swap email addresses and keep in touch. I think that God can use each of our stories and journey's to help the other!

    I'm very thankful that God led me to your blog and I hope that we can share what God is doing in our lives through our childrens stories! Consider me one of your prayer warriers :o)

    ReplyDelete