Friday, January 1, 2010

Gift of the holidays

This holiday season was a little more reserved this year. Staying in Texas this year for the holidays, we were able to spend a lot more time together.... just the 5 of us. We still had a wonderful time with our extended family, but it was nice to spend quality time with those closest to my heart.

I always wish for a white Christmas and this year I got one!!! Almost all day Christmas eve the snow was falling. But unfortunately, the day before it 73 degrees out. The ground was so warm I didn't think the snow would ever stick, but it DID!!! At 9:00 at night we all threw winter coats and shoes on to rush outside and play in it while it lasted. I thank God for that snow. My boys smiles were so big and even Braylon couldn't help but laugh as the snow fell on his face. This was B's first real experience with snow. As I watched him trying to run in the snow like his big bros, I remembered my extremely high goals I had for him just 6 months ago. Goals that included Braylon running in the back yard with his brothers for Christmas. WoW! What a wonderful gift I received. Just like a white Christmas in Texas, when you least expect it God can make it happen.

It is now 2010. A new year, a new decade and I'm sure new battles to fight and races to win. But as I look back to at the last decade I smile. Like the commercial... It wasn't always perfect, but it had some perfect moments. And in those times God was perfectly molding me. Creating in me faith, strength, empathy and perseverance. What's to come? There's no telling, but I will continue to grow. And for Braylon and my other boys, I'm sure there will be more miracles to report and mountains to overcome.

Have a Blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment